Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bigger Mountains

I've always told people that they need to be cautious when looking at another's problem and just blowing it off as the person making a mountain out of a molehill because to that other person...   that molehill could be the biggest mountain they have ever faced.  To that person it is really something they fear climbing.  But then too, as with most things, there is a flip-side to the coin.

We just went through Christmas and spent time with family and friends...  opening gifts and having a bit of a feast.  Some more elaborate than others but that's not the point.  During the holidays we tend to forget the things that are important.  As a Christian, Jesus is the reason we celebrate the holiday (supposed to be) and we have our traditions tied in with the season.  Gifts are given and received...  tree is decorated... food cooked as family comes to visit or you visit them...  singing favorite songs...  and while all of this is something we enjoy, we tend to forget the plight of others.  There are many that miss out on these things and so we might go a bit out of the way to make sure that we donate to the local charity drives that give gifts to kids or feeds those in the community that won't have the nice meals without the help.  Certainly their mountain is greater. 

Christmas is over and I want to share with you someone that has a bigger mountain than most of us.  Here is a young lady that I am certain had the traditional Christmas with all the traditions.  Yet, her mountain is greater than mine and many other folks.  Megan deals with a sickness that I can maybe relate to a little bit.  I have suffered with chronic ulcerated colitis since the early 1990's when they were just learning what this was.  Now and again it flares up and it just hurts.  My pain tolerance is crazy high (gets me in trouble with Docs) and this stuff can even make me curl up and literally want to die.  In all of that mess, now and again my stomach would stop as well and I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy...  much less a child.  That this young lady, a Christian young lady with a praying momma, has to deal with this as she does...  all of my mountains suddenly became an ant hill.

I will pray for Megan and her mom until I know she is well...  I ask that you join me in this.  Please, take a moment and read the story so you know a bit about the young lady and what she is going through.  Leave a word of encouragement in the comment section and then let's watch and see what God CAN, and I believe WILL, do!

2 comments:

  1. Father God in the Name of Jesus, I ask God for forgiveness of my sins and Megans.I pray father that you will touch her infirmity.Because Lord you took the woman who had 12 year flow of blood coming out her body.Lord she was convince that you could heal her.I am convince that you can heal Megan of her chronic ulcerated colitis . You word also says we can speak to our mountain with a little mustard seed of faith and it would be move and thrown to sea.So Father because you are full of mercy and you want Megan to live and not die and delcare your righteousness.That is what we believe together.I thank you Lord Jesus that your mercy endures forever for her. And I also pray for her mom to be stregthen and that you will give her favor with the doctors.And your will is just.Thankyou Jesus.In Jesus Name.Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the prayer and just to clarify... Megan suffers from something other than colitis but God heard you!

    ReplyDelete